Tuesday, April 10, 2012

H is for Hydrangea

A to Z Challenge.....Letter H

H is for Hydrangea




Hydrangeas are one of my most favorite flowers. When I was little we had a whole yard full of Hydrangea Bushes or as I would call them ," the blue snowball bushes". I loved them..love to look at them and pick them and smell them and even lay in front of them and staring up at the lovely baby blue color... They were so pretty. Since then I have tried 3 times unsuccessfully to grow bushes at my new house. I believe it is a combination of the poor soil quality and the lack of afternoon sun but either way they have never taken...BUT when I stepped out of my house the other day, I saw some green leaves spouting off a long believed dead Hydrangea bush. I dont know what the change is but I am hoping that it takes and keeps growing. I would love to have my very own in my front yard for years to come :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm more particular to hyacinths for the fragrance, but love that flowery ball of blue (or pink) that are hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete