Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday in the hood :)






How was your week?  I didnt do much blogging or writing this week and I can really feel it today! Seems like everything is bursting out.  So far I have worked on my Travel Facebook page, My Tumblr, my personal FB page and now I'm here ready to do some writing. I have a yummy mug of steaming hot chocolate with EXTRA marshmallow and some music playing! Speaking of music, that will be my next big project since my Itunes is completely messed up. When I got a new computer the transfer of the Itunes didnt go so well so I have to download hundreds of cds all over again!! UGHH but its worth it because I got a brand new Ipod for Christmas so I am itching to use it on the treadmill....which brings me to my second big project, ME ! I have decided to try the Wheat Belly diet so I wont be eating any wheat and I will be limiting my sugar. ( drinking my SUGARY hot chocolate as I write this hahaha).  Within the last 3 months I have had a family member have a stroke, another diagnosed with cancer and another suffering from his FIFTH heart attack. It just was a major wake up call. I have been too unhealthy for a long time now and I just think that I need to get back to being healthy and try avoid these time bombs in my history !!  



Heart disease is very prominent in my family and family history...my grandfather suffered his first heart attack at the age of 29 and he died when my mom was only 16 from a massive heart attack. My aunt passed away at age 49 and my uncle has had open heart surgery. SOOOOOO that has lead me to this healthy living revelation today. I need to work out, i need to eat better, I need to laugh more and I need to stop worrying about the past. All of those things will lead me to a happier and healthier life.


And since we are on the subject of a happier and healthier life, I wanted to update you on teddy. Poor guy has had a bad couple of months since getting sick on Thanksgiving day. He has been through the emergency vet, injections, antibiotics, steriods, pain meds, then he got ear mites but we didnt know what it was so he went through grooming, baths, ear drops, baby benedryl until finally we took him back to the vet and found out it was ear mites so he had to have 2 shots and medicine. He is SOOOOO done with vets.  So thats why he is hiding in the chair in this picture. He is just so done. BUT im happy to say he is feeling much better and the vet said " Teddy...go be a dog for the next year and I dont want to see you back here " hahaha  

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday and stay warm.


1 comment:

  1. I do hope that all turns out well. I can relate to what you're going through. I've been drinking more water lately and I quit the diet colas pretty much. They were doing me more damage to my body than I cared to realize. Take care of yourself. That's what's important.

    ~~DJ

    ReplyDelete